MapRun is an App which allows you to use your smartphone to enjoy orienteering without needing to set up physical control points on the ground. Reivers now have 7 local courses for folk (members and non-members) to enjoy.
- Bowmont Forest, near Kelso (Easy Trail 4.7km course)
- Bowmont Forest, near Kelso (Long course, Urban style i.e. only paths, rides, roads allowed)
- Bowmont Forest, near Kelso (Shorter course, Urban style)
- Gala Policies (Light Green course)
- Hawick Town (All controls)
- Hawick Town (8 controls)
- Tweedbank (Orange, medium, urban course)
- Wilton Park, Hawick (30 minute Score)
Go to HERE and towards the bottom of the page you’ll find some instructions then the list of available events, in alphabetical order, under that.
The App is called MapRunF. Once you’ve installed this it’ll find events near you automatically when you tap the “Events Near Me” button on your phone. Ideally you would print off the PDF and run using that to navigate but it’s also perfectly possible to just use the map on your phone.
There’s a short video of MapRunF HERE
Important: Note that these courses aren’t part of an organised event so you take part at your own risk. Take care crossing roads.