The details for our next event, Hawick Vertish Hill, and RR Christmas Dinner have been updated via the event link to the right hand side. Meal orders to me by 29th November please.
11 May 2016 is World Orienteering Day when it’s hoped to beat the Guinness World Record of people participating in orienteering on one day. The current record is 207,979 from 2003.
So, come along to the Millers Knowes in Hawick for a sprint race and be part of that record attempt. More details – HERE
Remember that the sprint series kicks off on Wednesday evening at Traquair. For this sprint event only we’ll also have a Yellow course. This is because we already have the maps printed from our postponed event there in December.
In 2016, for a trial year, this series will run for a calendar year instead of the previous autumn/spring period. (This first series will however include the SoSOL held in October 2015, which was the only one before Christmas)
These are already registered in the series:
1. 11 Oct 2015 ESOC Hopetoun House, S Queensferry
2. 24 Jan 2016 EUOC Holyrood Park, Edinburgh
3. 21 Feb AYROC Kaimes, Muirkirk
4. 28 Feb ELO Lothian Edge, Dunbar
5. 17 April SOLWAY Drumlanrig, Dumfries
6. 15 May INT Calder Wood, Livingston
7. 6 Nov ESOC Penicuik Estate.
Provisional course lengths and climb have been added today.